What We Do
Active Barnsley have been based at Shaw Lane Sports Club since 2005, achieving Charity status in 2011, meeting objectives set by the Charity commission operating to improve the condition and social welfare of Barnsley's inhabitants.
Our charity no. 1131712 see www.charitycommission.gov.uk
We employ a team of Development Officers and Community Coaches to deliver projects across Barnsley, working with Barnsley MBC, NHS Barnsley, SGO's and a range of funders and grant providers.
- Bikeability registered training provider delivering Core and Plus modules in all schools
- Community based adult cycle training
- Holiday activities at Shaw Lane Sports Club for children aged 7-13 years
- School P.E services, including PPA cover and after school clubs
- Community based multi-sport activity sessions
- Healthy lifestyle based activities
For information on all these activities contact the Active Barnsley Team on: