What We Do
Key elements of our work in relation to coaching and leadership include:
- managing programmes of education and development for coaches, volunteers and leaders
- progressing funding bids to develop projects to train sports volunteers, leaders and coaches, within the context of the Sport England Development Plan
- managing the Community Sports Coach Scheme
Active Barnsley has successfully achieved charity status,meeting objectives set by the Charity commission operating to improve the condition and social welfare of Barnsley's inhabitants.
Our charity no. 1131712 see www.charitycommission.gov.uk
Club / Organisation Development
Active Barnsley employ a team of Sports Development Officers and Community Coaches to assist clubs and organisations. These highly qualified staff have extensive experience of working with a variety of groups across a wide range of settings on the following:
- Assisting in developing club policies such as constitutions and Child Protection
- Helping clubs achieve Clubmark or other similar charter standard accreditation
- Offer advice and assistance in writing funding applications
- Promote progression of club coaches along the coaching pathway
- Help source appropriate volunteers to further club capacity
- Advise and promote equality as a means of Best Practice
Local Activity Delivery
Active Barnsley have a proven record of delivering sport and physical activity opportunities.
Our Sports Development Officers and Community Coaches work throughout the borough on a daily basis and as a result have vast experience of working with local communities and organisations.
We can offer a wide range of opportunities at a very competitive rate including:
- Holiday schemes
- Community events and galas
- Sport specific and multi-sport sessions
- Traditional and non-traditional sports
- Club coaching
- Health specific sessions such as Chairobics and Falls Prevention
As part of Barnsley's successful Community Sport Network, Active Barnsley work closely with Barnsley LEA, School Sport Partnership Development Managers, School Sports Co-ordinators and Primary Link Teachers.
Active Barnsley offer high quality Physical education and sports coaching. All sessions are delivered by fully qualified National Governing Body approved coaches who are all insured, CRB checked and first aid trained.
Active Barnsley can support schools through:
- In-curriculum high quality physical education
- PPA cover
- After school coaching
- P.E. School Sport Club Links (PESSCL)
- Preparation for school sport competitions
- A wide range of sports and activities
- All key stages and abilities
For information on all these activities contact the Active Barnsley Team on: